To write a dissertation is not enough for the students rather than it is also necessary for the students to prepare themselves for the dissertation defence. For this reason, to compose and conduct a semi-structured interview is an unavoidable thing. A semi-structured interview provides us with a set of questions about a particular theme. If you don’t have enough idea to compose or conduct a semi-structured interview for a master’s dissertation, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services. Here, we will provide some guidelines on composing and conducting a semi-structured interview for a master’s dissertation.
Tips to compose a semi-structured interview
The only way to compose a semi-structured interview is to do a proper planning and analysis. You should also try to read out the best semi-structured interview samples. The best tips to compose a semi-structured interview are given below;
- First of all, you should try to understand the basic purpose of composing the semi-structured interview. The main purpose of the semi-structured interview is to get an idea about the experiences and opinions of the interviewee about a particular topic.
- There are a lot of ethical issues that are faced by the master’s students during the dissertation writing process. Therefore, you should also try to get an idea about these critical issues during the process of composing the semi-structured interview.
- Read out the interview guide. This interview guide provides us with a complete detail about the exact language of the interview questions, some useful information about the demographic, a complete guide how to compose the open-ended questions, how to keep a section to get the opinions and observations of the interviewer, and how to train the interviewers.
- As we know that there is a basic purpose behind every happening in this world. Therefore, you should also try to know the basic purpose of composing the semi-structured interview.
- It is a fact that to analyze the interviewers, there are a lot of techniques are used. Some of them are the use of coding and content analysis. Therefore, you should also try to select the best technique to analyze the interviewers.
Tips to conduct a semi-structured interview
Once, you have finalized the semi-structured interview composing process, then there comes the process of conducting the semi-structured interview. The best tips to conduct a semi-structured interview are given below;
- First of all, you should try to take a brief overview of the dissertation.
- You should try to set a general structure of the interview for the students. After setting a general structure for the interview, you should also try to schedule it.
- You should try to prepare the best and the key interview questions.
- You should try to manage a comfortable seating not only for you but also for the interviewers.
- There is no need to be hammered during the process of conducting the interview rather than you should try to be coaxed.
- There is no need to conduct any kind of the interview without preparing yourself.